Daily Insurance Industry News
 
 
Daily Insurance Industry News
Monday 16th of July 2018
August 24, 2010

avantia provides non-standard home insurance

by Richard Kilner

Story link: avantia provides non-standard home insurance

avantia Insurance has launched a new homeprotect service after the viability of such a move was proved by its pilot project which provided instant online cover to non-standard buyers of home insurance.

Brokers and other providers have been invited by avantia to join the platform, with the aim of providing a one-stop shop and saving both time and costs.

Since last year homeprotect has been trialled mostly online to non-standard customers, who comprise around 15% of the UK population.

The term is a broad one, and covers everyone from those at risk of flood or subsidence to former offenders and those with an extensive claims history.

The pilot saw 97% of people provided with instant online quotes, with the remaining 3% dealt with manually by individual members of staff.

Chief Executive David Walker explained that a cost-effective underwriting service could be provided by intelligent use of IT, dealing effectively with a so-called difficult consumer group.

 

News posted:



Related stories to avantia provides non-standard home insurance: